There are so many health benefits to using ACV internally for a number of health issues, but what about for our skin?
ACV forms substances like malic acid are formed in the fermentation stages, making it antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal – all properties that our skin can benefit from.
So, how can you implement this stuff into your routine? Let’s take a look!
Apple Cider Vinegar Beauty Benefits
- Our hair and skin are acidic, and the acidic nature of the ACV can help to balance the pH levels
- The antibacterial properties help to prevent and get rid of pimples and breakouts
- It can protect our skin from environmental factors like pollution and free radicals
- When used on skin, it can help get rid of the top layer of dead skin, as it has very exfoliating properties.
- Taken orally, it can help with weight loss and even reduce cellulite
- ACV is also beneficial for hair. It helps to get rid of build up from styling products, leaving our hair looking smooth and shiny.
How to Use it:
Hair Rinse: Mix ¼ cup ACV with 2 cups water, and pour it onto hair after shampooing. Rinse out well. Your hair may smell a little sour from the ACV, but it will fade once the hair dries.
Skin toner: mix 1 part ACV with 3 parts distilled or tea water. Apply to skin after every wash with a cotton ball. Voila! Super smooth skin.
Blemish treatment: Take a cotton bud and dip it into some pure ACV, apply it onto your budding pimple, and it should stop the pimple from getting bigger, and help it get smaller. Also, try out this charcoal face mask to help with breakouts.
Get rid of warts: Soak a cotton ball (big enough to cover the wart) in ACV. Place the cotton ball over the wart and secure it with a bandaid or medical tape. Leave on all day, replacing the cotton bud every evening. You should see the wart disappear after a few days. Continue until the wart is completely gone.
Apple cider vinegar is very concentrated stuff, so if you’re using any of the methods above and notice a lot of irritation, try diluting the ACV with more water.
There are so many benefits to this amazing stuff, people even believe it is the cure all for anything and everything. A lot of people dislike using ACV for the very strong smell, but if you can get past that, you can reap the benefits of this stuff. Try out some of the tricks above and see how you like it!
Some other interesting reads: